~ES & SW~ Center of the Rainbow ~ES & SW~ Center of the Rainbow

Finally, this is on NG :) (how did I miss this), I think I have already expressed my opinion on this track a dozen of times but I will do it again in review form ;)

The thing I like the most about this whole track (which counts btw for more of Skye's tracks, don't know about Ethan since I haven't checked him/you out that much yet (give me some time, I will check his/your stuff out)) is that I can't seem to detect any patterns since everything is always changing, and there is this continuous transition going on from one place to another.

I knew I was going to love this track when the piano got introduced, it all suddenly made sense. Like really, the piano is great, with the accompanying drums. Jumping from one melody to another, always on edge, and slowly building towards the sudden outburst at 4:14. Magnificent really.

The thing is tho that I don't feel like this is going towards the center of the rainbow. The feeling I get is more nostalgic. A man (or woman, I am not sexist Skye, don't hate me!) which has been too busy with getting the perfect life by getting the perfect degree, perfect job, perfect wife/husband, that he forgot to look around and see the beauty and the burden which is life. He suddenly realizes this and starts enjoying the little things around him, driving him even to return to his hometown. But then like a bubble, it all collapses when at 6:10 work calls again, and he returns to the daily slur.

I am not much of an imaginative person when it comes to music, but this track got to me. Well done Skye and Ethan! This made my week :)

SkyeWint responds:

Hey man! Skye here.

Believe it or not, there actually aren't any patterns. I only really use one sequence of a bunch or midi notes in a row, with some rare exceptions.

No worries about it not necessarily be fitting of a rainbow journey. I'm happy with it being a good song that makes you imagine things! If that's done, my personal goal is complete.

Shadow Steps Shadow Steps

Great track man, wasn't bored for even a second. I really hope you make it to round 2 so we can hear more from you :)

Demon-Wolf responds:

I wasn't planning on stopping either way :)

NGADM '17 - "Aurelius" NGADM '17 - "Aurelius"

Cool track!
The melodies are definitely original and present. Instead of a usual brutal drop, you stuck with a more calmish drop which I personally like more in dubstep.

The piano in the begin (not the melody, but more the synth/preset) sounded a bit cheap, but as soon as the rest of the instruments come in (0:07), the attention is drawn away from the piano, and is drawn more to the general construction of the intro which is good! The intro is something I like nonetheless because it sets the mood of the rest of the track right from the start. You could've stretched it a bit before you threw in the main synth.

The main synth is good, but it is a bit used too much (0:15 - 1:10 1:37 - 2:50) which is around 75% of your track. I felt you could've alternated it with another synth outside the drop. On the other hand, it does give cohesion.

Also the length is a bit short. It worked for this one, but it feels like you could have put at least another 40 seconds in this one. I wouldn't myself deduct points for this, but I have the feeling the judges might do.

Overal this is a solid track! I did nitpick a bit here, but that is because you still got time to update the track :). I mean, you still got 3 more days ;)
Good luck in the NGADM!

Jimmypig responds:

Thank you for the review! I've just made some changes while I'm feeling inspired, so there's a new version coming up on the forum now.

Thanks again! :)